A new version of Soundshaper (4.4.06 May 2016) is now available for download. Soundshaper 4.4 is now the only version of Soundshaper and is released to all users free of charge, replacing SOUNDSHAPER LITE and PRO, which have been withdrawn. No new registrations can be accepted for Soundshaper Pro.
The latest version has roughly similar functionality to version 4.3, but writes entirely new scripts, catering for mono, stereo and multi-channel use. These allow almost 100% of CDP processes to be run with any source. They also incorporate automatic conversion of CDP file-types, so that for example a soundfile can be used as input to a spectral or pitch process.
Cell Patches (beta): a whole patch can now be run within one cell. Although not fully coded, registered users (only) can try out this new feature now, with some limitations. In future it should be possible to extend Cell-Patches to further layers. Cell-Patches are due for full release in version 4.5.
For other new features, see below.
Although Soundshaper runs successully on the MAC via products like Parallels, there has been a lot of interest in a possible MAC port. This is now a distinct possibility, but it will take some time to re-construct and test the program. Some basic groundwork has now been completed and the foundations have been laid! More news on this in due course...
The Soundshaper HELP manual (in HTML) has been fully revised for the latest version of Soundshaper (4.4.06).
See the DOWNLOADS PAGE.
CDP Release 7.1 was released in July 2016. No new functions have been introduced, but all programs have been re-compiled.
Download the latest versions here:
CDP USERS' FORUM
If you are running CDP and haven't yet joined the CDP Users' Forum, you can do so here: http://unstablesound.net/cdpforum
The forum is a great place to share ideas, news and information about CDP. (Please note that you have to enable cookies before you can use this site.)
NEW FEATURES IN RECENT VERSIONS
Version 4.4 (Sep. 2015 to present)
- Soundshaper is now freeware: PRO and LITE versions discontinued; registration now unsupported.
- Major code revisions: internally, extensive overhaul of code in preparation for possible MAC / Linux port.
- Play pitch files: the pitch found by GETPITCH (.frq or .pch) now playable via transport (4.4.05)
- Project Folder: optionally nominate a current Project Folder in Settings. (4.4.04)
- Folder to Pool: all CDP files in selected folder are placed in Pool. (Menu item and new button: 4.4.04)
- Add Files to Pool (checkbox): if checked, pool files are added to the existing Pool, instead of replacing them.
- New scripts: scripts natively support mono/stereo/multi-channel input and include auto-file conversion and interleaving as required.
(Internally, scripts can now easily be adapted to make Bash versions for Linux/OS X development.)
- Multiple parameter sets: provision updated most processes now support multiple parameter sets for stereo / m-c input.
- Bulk Processing: copies sources from the Pool list and processes a row with each of them.
(A more versatile method will be introduced in 4.5 using Cell Patches: see below.)
- PREMIX: Mix-menu item for use with e.g. Mixmany or Mixtwo. Sets level, pan and pre-delay for each sound.
- Save Patches without sources (optional): saves disk space, making patches more versatile. On loading, supply the source(s) as required.
- Mix Page overhauled: select sources on Main or Mix Page.
- Synth output becomes new source (in current row). Parameters now re-editable as normal.
- Revised History function: full details of parameters and processes and parameters now saved.
- .env and .pch: support for .env and .pch file extensions for envelope and frequency breakpoint files.
- Process Grids updated for CDP7. Menu now named Processes (was "Grids").
- Panorama, Tangent and Transit: now available with sound-out (natively, mixfile out).
- Cell-Patches (beta): run a patch within one cell. (Test version for previously registered users only.)
Full feature due for release in 4.5: should support multiple layers of processes.
Version 4.3 (Feb. 2014-June 2015)
- CDP Release 7 functions: all new CDP 7 functions implemented. Menus updated, but not Process Grids (see 4.4 above).
- Updated handling of file lengths. Clicking on cell uses stored file-length where possible.
- WAVE-EX: "Standard" multi-channel output soundfiles auto-converted to WAVE-EX for playing.
- Patches panel: new Patches drop-down list for easy launching of favourite patches (similar to the Pool and Process lists).
- Drag and Drop: support for dragging and dropping most files: new sources, patches, datafiles etc.
- Resizable Patchgrid: support for up to 16 rows (representing separate channels or process-chains).
- Auto-scale datafiles: option to re-scale times of time-varying files automatically.
- Default datafiles: template datafiles covering almost all parameters that need them.
- Revised HELP Manual: updated to match Vn. 4.2, including CDP Reference for Spectral processes.
- Pop-up Usage: quick access to Usage description for most processes, with full parameter information and ranges.
- Process Grids updated for CDP Release 6.
- Multi-channel support: process multi-channel sounds, even where CDP is natively mono. Source file can be replaced with one of a different channel-count; Soundshaper makes necessary adjustments behind the scenes.
- Multiple parameter sets: support for different parameter sets per channel, e.g. for panning, pitch, timing and echo effects.
Version 4.0 and 3
- Revised design: including new skinned look.
- Patchgrid: Support for multiple rows and 12 columns per row.
- Run patches with different source sounds, or copy cells and process in different ways.
- Auto-conversion: CDP file types are converted automatically using current settings.
- Secondary inputs (Infiles 2,3,...): selectable by clicking on the cell required. Soundshaper auto-converts file types.
- Import patches: import a single-row patch and link it to the current one. Build larger patches from smaller tested units.
- Multi-channel split: split sounds into channels and process these independently as separate process chains.
- Full support for CDP 6 functions.
- Randomized parameter values: optionally randomize parameter values, within user-defined limits.
- Process List: load a list of favourite processes into a drop-down box, for quick access.
- Support for Windows 7 and 8.
The example below illustrates the use of multiple processing chains:
- The source soundfile (A_0) is processed by a spectral process (A_1), then a pitch process (A_2). The conversions (PVOC ANALYSIS and GETPITCH) take place behind the scenes.
- MAKE (A_3) requires a formant file; this was selected simply by clicking on cell A_1, whose formants were automatically extracted.
- The source (A_0) is copied to Cell B_0 and processed differently in Row B.
- Cell B_1 is itself copied to C_1 and is given a slightly different transposition (SPEED).
- The three rows are then mixed together in cell A_4 to give a final output, and the whole patch is then saved.
|Latest Download: SOUNDSHAPER 4.4.05 freeware, but requires CDP software.|